Committee on Academic Integrity
of the National Aerospace University
"Kharkiv Aviation Institute"
The Commission on Academic Integrity was created for the purpose of monitoring and compliance by employees and participants of the educational process with the Regulations on the Commission on Academic Integrity and the Regulations on Academic Integrity.
In its activities, the Commission is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine "On Education", "On Higher Education", "On Scientific and Scientific-Technical Activities", "On Copyright and Related Rights", "On Publishing", "On Prevention of Corruption" ", the Civil Code of Ukraine, the Statute of the University, the Rules of Internal Procedure of the University, the Collective Agreement, the guidelines of the IAU-MCO (International Association of Universities and the Magna Charta Observatory) regarding the institutional ethical code of higher education, the European Charter for Researchers, the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to knowledge in the field of science and humanitarianism, the Bucharest Declaration of Ethical Values and Principles of Higher Education in Europe and other normative legal acts of the current legislation of Ukraine and intra-university normative acts and this Regulation on the Commission on Academic Integrity.
Powers of the Commission:
- receive and consider statements regarding violations of the principles of academic integrity, analyze them and prepare relevant conclusions, as well as accept and consider appeals and make decisions about them, etc.;
- involve experts from various fields in their work, as well as use technical and software tools to reliably establish the facts of violations of the norms of academic integrity according to the submitted application;
- carry out informational work on the popularization of the principles of academic integrity and professional ethics of scientific and pedagogical, scientific workers and students of higher education;
- prepare proposals for increasing the effectiveness of the implementation of the principles of academic integrity in the educational and scientific activities of the University;
- to provide recommendations and consultations on ways and means of more effective compliance with the norms of Commission on Academic Integrity;
- other powers in accordance with the requirements of the current legislation of Ukraine and internal university regulations.
The commission is authorized to receive statements about violations of academic integrity and appeals regarding issues related to the assessment of knowledge of students and determination of learning outcomes; consider them and make appropriate decisions; to provide proposals to the University administration regarding the imposition of appropriate sanctions.